Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This day in 2004, we signed Jose Antonio Reyes. And Alvaro came to visit. Cry

I'm sure. However, in my experience, the treatment and consideration you get

before opening your mouth compared to after is stark.

I look "African", of course and also tend to dress in such a manner, according to my silly wife, that moves tramps on the street to offer loose change coupled with sincere advice not to spend it all on drink.

However, according to this same foolish wife, my speech is that of exactly the sort of shout-at-foreigners-to-make-them-understand Englishman mentioned earlier. And whatsmore, an extremely carefully raised and expensively-educated sneery, condescending, arrogant one. You know, the speech they have learned over the centuries to despise, yet have made Herr Berlitz etc. billionaires trying to master.

Yes, see, that's what I like about them.

I'm clearly not one of them, though I do get mistaken for your northern spanish or on occasion a portugeezer, but they tend to be very accepting of anybody there no matter what.

Mind you, I've seen few people who would be described as a "negrito" there so what do I know, eh?

The old Yorkshire adage "Ah tek people as ah find em" is a decent maxim to go about being a world citizen with.

No, how *you* carry *yourself* is far more important.

After all, there's a reason the English and Englishness travels so much and so well, yet, and at the same time, is so disparaged.

Oh it's definitely not an english thing in my case

One of the lovely things about jaunts abroad is that nobody ever assumes I'm english. My OH gets german, scandi or dutch and I get people yammering on to me in castillian.

hehe It's very sweet that you believe that, j

Same here, but it's what they say about you when they *think* you don't understand what

they're saying about you.

It can give you pause.

They're sweet people, LA

Good for the old ego stroking if nothing else.

srlxfgsn, I think.

Gareh and Phil were certainly having a competition to see who could kick the wee lad the furthest up in the air, but they were surely only following orders.

Is it wrong of me to hope that that rednosed govan ******* dies a slow and painful death?

Mike "Man of the match" Riley

The w*nk stained mother f*cker

And yet people so easily overlook the worst two fouls of the game - Horseface stamping on Cole aside

were committed by Edu and Cole on Ronaldo. How innocent we were, eh

Though I must say, Gary Neville wrote a column for the Times, saying how uneasy he was with the tactics employed in that game. Needless to say it was last column he wrote for the Times until he retired