Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: That Trump programme on C4 last night was revealling

No, you say yourself it's the urban poor that suffer.

After all, immigration isn't a problem when redgunamos do it in Henley, so why would the rich care.

10-20 years, you say.

Phew!

Well yes but they always suffer, it's their lot

They're the reverse of the hedging thing, you see, they lose out no matter what the market movements are.

redgunamos seem quite integrated though.

Footy, booze, rock'n roll etc. Melting pot stuff which has been the basis of successful immigration through history.

Multiculturalism is the opposite of that. It seeks to divide by celebrating difference, and we end up with Alan birds dressed as letterboxes and not speaking any English. Apparently. I'll take Dave's word on the latter.

So immigration + melting pot ok. immigration + multiculturalism not so ok.

There's the taking our jerbs bit too, of course. Did I mention that they took my jerb? It's ok. I eventually got another one.

I'd just be happy if everyone rubbed along, me

I mean, the big massive, devisive wedges dont help but they only really have an effect if you dont know anybody and just assume they're after your jerb/woman/money or just hate your freedom.

Yes, but as Ash says, they won't if you pay them not to.

It's the other way around when you go to Benidorm on holiday; then, you're paying *them* but its fine because their foreign-ness is what you want, what you're there for.

hehe Benidorm

I think one of the fundamental misunderstandings you have here is that where I grew up was in any way not foreign. Aside from the drizzle and passive agressive tutting it was almost totally foreign.

Again, that's London for you. It's foreign to me too.

Even my own house is foreign to me. It's full of foreigners and foreign-ness. I am merely a lone, brave freedom fighter holding out against the invaders with nothing but his hounds, his hunting rifles and his Richard Briers CDs to keep him company in his private enclave.

Perhaps "foreign" is a fact of human existence, rather than a "thing". Maybe it's an issue that doesn't actually exist.

Roll eyes Meant for George, of course, but the point applies here too, I suppose.

That's the point, it wasnt foreign to me, I've become used to it by default

Which is also why, quite frankly, englishness gives me the fear