Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: That Trump programme on C4 last night was revealling

Of course it does! It's London. That's the point.

We've been kind of oddly class static, footballistically speaking though

We had all these dreams and ambitions and then someone came and parked their solid gold tanks on our lawn and started firing petrodollars at us, at almost the worst time possible.

I meant enjoying it in a wider sense. I still dont get your "it's all the left's fault" theory thoug

Especially given the absolute, utter powerlessness of the left in this country for the best part of 40 years. Even when we did have a labour government it was, if anything, right of centre. The only vaguely left wing policies it displayed were spending on infrastructure, which wasnt very left wing at all as it enriched shareholders in privatised companies.

OK, perhaps their social spending was a bit left but if you were to actually look at what we're spending now it's not massively different from what went before. It's just that they're paying more companies, as opposed to government bodies, to deliver a worse, more vindictive service.

Just at the moment we decided money was the be all and end all of everything too.

Most embarrassing.

Bad timing is right.

It's a life lesson, learning the important difference between the fleeting value of money

and the enduring value of *money*

Bear in mind that money can be exchanged for all manner of goods and services.

This may include new Range Rovers for the memsahib, thus granting peace and harmony to the life of the man.

Important stuff, I think you'll agree.

I think certainly with regard to immigration leftist attitudes have crept into rightist

policy-making to the extent that those policies are now no longer thought of as leftist. So I do not agree that the left has been utterly powerlessness for forty years. I think they have won big victories in terms of societal attitudes - and continue to do so - and that these have directly influenced policy.

Or perhaps, on the right, the capitalist imperative has dominated the conservative one

This is always a struggle with the right.

Free markets = good v Free people = bad.

Of course I agree. I strongly disapprove of those who claim otherwise while trying to steal mine.

I blame the welfare state. It makes people mean and selfish and nasty. And smelly too.

Not for me, Clive. I'm nowhere near middle class enough to think that.

To me, that's what people with money tell those without it, in order to keep them from wanting to steal theirs.

Did I ever mention that my father was .. blah blah blah .. yawn.