Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: That Trump programme on C4 last night was revealling

Thank you for explaining that to me, without your help I wouldve missed that delicate nuance

I do seem to remember it being a meme you were very fond of too at the time though.

No you dork! Those who advocate that theory are not suggesting

he is an *intentional* creation of the left. Quite the opposite

I certainly think there's some truth in that the left's attitude to immigration and, most recently, the refugee crisis, has made formerly unsayable things sayable. Trump's comments about Allans being the obvious example.

But isn't your dislike of uneducated Americans a kind of xenophobia?

Ah right, I get you now, it's all the left's fault because they've displayed caring and charitable..

...attitudes towards minorities. It's certainly not equally or moreso the fault of the right who have benefitted from immigrants providing them with cheap building labour (Trump's towers built largely with imported, non unionised labour), or housekeepers or generally keeping the price of indigenous labour lower as a result of the high immigration.

No, it's definitely the fault of the people who have much, much less power. It's all those nasty do gooders' fault, all of it.

Yes, but it's one you're guilty of equally.

Also, are they xenos to me because they are american or is it because they're uneducated?

I know it doesn’t fit with your caricature, but it’s entirely possible to be pro-immigration and to

also think the immigration policies of the past 10-20 years have been wrong and dangerous.

The point may be that it's actually the educated middle class themselves who

benefit most from these things, while renouncing their own responsibility for promoting them and blaming Trump fans instead.

One of the most pathetic moments in yesterday’s programme was the Letterman clip, claiming it

exposed Trump’s hypocrisy because some of the clothes he sells are made in China and Bangladesh.

No less stupid than those who claim that people who have a problem with capitalism are hypocrites for getting coffee in Starbucks.

Both are anti-interventionist in foreign affairs.

I don't think so.

Same applies over here. I've defended UKIP voters, for example, some of whom are of a similar ilk.