Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: That Trump programme on C4 last night was revealling

Both slept with Diane Abbot?

Come on now - who hasn't got the image of Diane and the Trumpster going at it in their head now?

Trump at one end, JC at the other. Abbot all air tight

Back in 5

I thought it was utter ****e. Everything it told us we knew already. And the fact that the only

right wing commentator he interviewed was that arch-controversialist female American journalist tells you everything you need to know about the programme’s intentions.

A hatchet job was the easy option. Pathetic.

He interviewed a few republican party activists and also a republican strategist

But dont let that get in your way.

It's just old fashioned protectionism Shrug Trade unions protect their members in the same way.

What people missed about the South Park DTKRJRBS is that it also pokes fun at the middle classes who sneer at the workers because THEIR more highly skilled jobs are safe. At first. Then they start losing their jobs too and the boot is on the other foot.

Fair enough, he did. I guess my main gripe is that it didn’t even *touch* on the question of whether

Trump is actually a creation of the left.

Of course, that would have been a far more challenging programme to make, so they went for the easy option which was informing us that his supporters are almost exclusively thick red-necks who feel marginalised – which we all knew already.

Both are products of a petulant dissatisfaction with mainstream (ie sane)

politics.

Equally, the reactions to them by their opponents have been almost identical - disbelief, ridicule, fear and apocalyptic predictions of what would happen if they actually got into power.

That theory has more than an air of bat****-mental conpirass theor about it though

Do you really think 'the left' is so powerful and dominant that it can create bogeymen for itself?

You're aware that the US hasnt elected anybody even vaguely left-ish since Truman, surely.

Actually, I think the most interesting thing said in the whole presidential race up to this point was something said by Bernie Sanders a couple of days back. It also summed up just who holds the power in the US, and it isnt the left.

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/101534621243869 39/