Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: So the government is trying to ban poppers? Frown

Yes Minister

Right. I presumed he meant after you've run out of beer.

I don't really like beer any more. I enjoy a couple, and then I just can't manage any more.

Even Guinness, which in wintertime I would suck down like a baby on the tit, now seems to me a huge quantity of sour liquid, to be defeated rather than enjoyed.

Why would that happen, red? WHY?

It's the world we live in, I'm afraid. Interesting times and a' that.

One is often forced to wonder whether it is actually worth carrying on.

Bitter's the thing. I can still drink a good faceful of ale when the situation demands.

I lost count at about 12 pints one one evening last summer.

That said, such an intake used to be a fairly standard weekend evening. Now it's worthy of note. Tempus fugit.

No, it was quite a diverse gang, like you see in TV coverage

You checked, haven't you?

All of them.

We could go on all day with this. Maryam Namazie, ban attempted at Warwick. Now there's a top, top university, Wichard. A somewhat windy CiF piece seems to sympathise with the blocking.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/01/univers ity-of-warwick-maryam-namazie-activist

Generic piece about the culture of banning at universities.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/13/banning-shoutin g-down-speakers-universities-risk

And beyond universities - Calls to ban Trump from the UK for having the wrong ideas ie - he wants to ban people from the US for, erm, having the wrong ideas.

Never let it be said you aren't an equal opportunities provocateur, j.

The Trump thing was f**king ridiculous, I'll grant you

but you could equally put that down to a reaction to obnoxious man is unpopular rather than attack on our freedoms.

And, yes nice article on the whole banning business still not convinced a bunch of up-their-arses students represents society as whole, particularly as even if they do go into proper politics they don't necessarily hold the same loony political views as, a say, 30-year than they do as a student, unless they are Jeremy Corbyn