Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel for Cech - he's never had a season where he's let in 3, 5, 4, 3 goals (and more to come). The

I feel for Cech - he's never had a season where he's let in 3, 5, 4, 3 goals (and more to come). The

way we're defending at the moment is nowhere near champions-level. Let's hope that Elneny is the answer, because without Coquelin-Cazorla, that midfield isn't good enough to protect the defence, which obviously puts tremendous pressure on the back four,leading to more and more mistakes.
    Positives last night were obviously Giroud (again, who never scores in big games and isn't "good enough for Arsenal") , Campbell and Monreal.Also the fact that we came back from behind and not once, but twice.

I do wish Arsene would sometimes think on his feet and not always adhere robotically to his timetable substitutions, because Liverpool were pretty scared of Ozil and taking him off invited them to camp in our half, thus leading to the predictable 4657th time they have scored against us in injury time at Anfield.
    Theo was absolutely hopeless.
    The Ox, well, what can you say - seems like when he gets the ball,his brain gives out a kaleidoscope of different impulses to his brain all at the same time.
    Not looking forward to Stoke at all, I think they will annihilate us, but one can only hope things somehow turn out different than the previous 4-5 pitiful performances at the Brittania.

Calm down. Rosicky will be in the squard Clound Nine

I did note some positives. I also happen to "love" Rosicky, as Arsene would say and think

he could really help, if he were fit. As it stands, he will need time to get his "sharpness" back, this providing he doesn't have another "little setback" on the injury front.

Amazingly without any midfield for our past 9 games we have won 7 drawn 1 and lost 1

Poor old Petr, eh. Must hate that

Yes, give it large after we've scraped wins against Newcastle and Sunderland in games we didn't

deserve to win. Let's see how boastful you are after the next 6 games. I'm only saying the way we defend isn't on a level that would normally win you the title. Despite this, the fact that City are still without Kompany gives us a massive chance, WHILE he is out of action. And don't twist my words around, the midfield is fine going forward, but a bit too open defensively.

Yet only 3 teams have let in fewer goals

Shrug Hardly "giving it large" to point out that we seem to be winning games on a quite regular

basis at a difficult time of year with a host of injuries. We also beat Manchester City in that run and won comfortably away at Olympiakos who have a very impressive home record in Europe

Where did I say the way we defend is ****? I merely pointed out that the way we

are doing it currently, wouldn't normally be good enough to win you a title. Although, back in the 80s and even up to the mid 90s, teams used to be champions with 7-8 defeats per season and I am all for that unpredictability in a League.
    We allow too many chances from the opposition and that could eventually lead to some real hammerings, even with Cech in goal. I am quietly hopeful Elneny slots in well, as he is a very solid player from what I have seen of him.

The way we play is likely to give the oppo' more chances

and while Le Coq is out we are always going to be more open than
    before.....

Very true, but we've been there before and with a full squad too. You may not

have read all ofmy original post I suspect, stopping (conveniently) after the first two sentences.
    If you have - what in there, apart from the defence bit, do you disagree with?