Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm still bloody cross about last night, you know? furious

Another loss against Chelsea will kill me.

I make you right D. I

This is precisely the reason why winning it will be so good though

Not only would it be a victory for romanticism and fine ideals but we'd als get to shove it right up your *******s, which would be great.

Well no. There's no logic in that at all, is there? The mere fact of his romanticism can't stop us

winning if we simply acquire more points than our opponents, can it?

Thus far, our opponents are no more ruthless than us, which means that we are eminently capable of winning it. All this talk of romanticism is nonsense. It's about whether our players are good enough mentally and physically to acquire enough points. AW's supposed 'romanticism' is neither here nor there.

That’s not true, though. The implications of finishing outside the top four were far worse than they

would be for finishing second or third this season.

Our bottom line target this season is still top four and we're looking good for it already. Stress? What stress?

No. Had we missed the CL by a point I would have been annoyed but, from a fan's perspective, it was

hardly the end of the world. By contrast, to go close to a first title in 12 years and fail would feel much, much worse.

You're confusing the club's priorities with a fan's priorities.

What the f**k is a "fan’s perspective”?

I am a “fan” and so is Hendon Gooner. Do you think we share a perspective?

It would have felt worse to me miss out on the top 4, precisely because I knew the damage it would have caused to our chances of being able to challenge for the title in subsequent years. That's because I'm not a cretin

The difference is one of feelings and thoughts. Viewed rationally, yes, missing top 4 would be worse

Emotionally, however, it wouldn't have felt that bad at all.

Emotionally, missing out on a title that's there for the winning would be worse because winning titles is what gives us our jollies as football supporters. Maintaining a strong position for future growth is not.

You surely don't divorce being a fan and emotion?

Manchester City have 2 difficult fixtures coming up imo

Tottenham have a replay to play and play Palace.

I am ruling Leicester out of things. But they will play their part taking points from the other teams.

I agree with you, if we get to the last 10 games with a really good shot

at winning it then failing, that will feel worse than being 5th in seasons gone by...... 2nd or 3rd means bugger all, fans like titles and this is our best chance for a number of yrs as instead of having 2-3 very strong teams up with us, we have City... Leicester and Spurs are not teams to be frightened of