Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm still bloody cross about last night, you know? furious

At least it's not at Stamford Bridge.

That's why I think we are going to be fine

as even though our results have been good.

The actual football hasn't been good. And that's what everyone says wins championships. We might start playing good too.

Sure we have the occasional slip ups. But this season everyone is. Plus we didn't lose yesterday.

It depends on how we missed out. Missing out on the last day, as we nearly did twice at the hands of

Spurs, would have been an emotional wrench and when added to the more practical implications I would say as deeply felt as missing out on the title.

There’s also the fact that we have no right to win the title having been so comprehensively outspent by billionaire-backed clubs for years and it’s only by virtue of the fact we have one of the greatest ever managers of all time that we even contemplating the possibility. So no, I wouldn’t be devastated about us missing out on the title, short of it being by virtue of a last minute own goal or something equally cruel.

Rub chin I see both points, always been terrified of missing top 4

and then either losing best players or not being able to sign the best. One look at United and Liverpool shows the results of that

I also would be gutted if we go to last few games only to blow it BUT I would be able to console myself with the fact that we could still bring in top drawer players by being in CL

It isn't just about spending money though.

How is it possible for Leicester to have got to this point? How is it possible for Man Utd to have spent *so much* money in the last three years but been so average? Because spending money doesn't guarantee success, even if it makes it a lot easier.

Wenger has been worth hundreds of millions of pounds to the club over the years because his ability to create star players, rather than just buy them, is surely unsurpassed, and when he does buy Very Big Tent players (Ozil, Alexis, Cheque) they have all been excellent.