Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey's a strange one, he's brilliant but he's too much of a volatile element for central midfield

Ramsey's a strange one, he's brilliant but he's too much of a volatile element for central midfield

Mostly when combined with Flamini, mind, who takes volatility to a whole new level.

He is not a defensive midfielder, eventually he gets caught out.

50% right there J

Scored a nice goal, shame about everything else. Mind you, it would have been nice if Walcott and Urrrzil had turned up tonight to.

To be fair to the lad he gets a lot of unfair criticism from people who expect him to do everything

Like be able to pass, run, control the ball etc. It is just not fair I tell ya.

I'm with you on this. Of late his overall performance has been quite poor. He'll always

get a goal here and there because he puts himself so far up the pitch, leaving massive amounts of space for the slow and **** Flamini to cover. Gives the ball away a fair amount and gets dispossessed a lot.

There's definitely a player there though.

I just want more brains from the lad, too much "passion" and "desire".

Be careful sir, you'll have the dayshift on you like a ton of bricks

I am doubting my own judgement as week after week goes by and he is poor, yet people I think are pretty good judges tell me he is good. I cannot see it. He cannot control the ball under pressure, gives it away an awful lot, gets left behind when the ball is moved quickly and his positioning sense leaves an awful lot to be desired. Other than that he is fine

They don't offer anything like the control in midfield we get with Coq and Santi

But we knew that already. We've actually done quite well considering

There was that season, a couple of years back, where everyhting went well. Long shots went in

he dribbled past players, he influenced nearly every game. He was seen as the next Pele. During this period I said he was no good too. I was scoffed at. Sad days that I appear to be right. We need better players

Look man, your consistency on the matter isnt in question

It's his consistency that's the problem