Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So we're now being told we should only drink 14 units a week to be safe - the same as women. Frown

My favourite type of English fight. are the ones in the town squares of European towns

where hooligans assemble and throw plastic cafe chairs at people.

Indeed. Everyone clearly lies about how much they consume. When asked by a doc

I might say 24 units or thereabouts. Barely covers a decent session

Nod We do it so much better than the natives themselves, hard though they may try.

The Dutch are pretty good too. They had a good go in Rome.

The Italians are more sort of stab you in the head and drive off on their vespa.

and the Turks don't obey the rules of hooliganism. They are disqualified.

Nod Tried telling my doctor something similar many years ago

he just looked at me and said "you work in media, so do you want to revise that?"

Drink costs this country a ****load though, they're right to try and reduce it

Also, and I do feel that this is a crucial point, nobody listens to them so it doesnt really matter any way.

They have to be seen to do something to combat the effects of this damaging drug as they're legitimising its sale. Of course, they could legalise other, much less harmful, drugs but no. We're too conservative, in many senses, to even consider that sort of sensible, pragmatic approach.

It's less stirring and inspirational when you realise it's just lobbing plastic chairs around...

...in picturesque european squares though.

I mean, heaven forbid that everyone else would have to think of a new stereotype for us.

Have I told you about my trip to Rome for the Roma Lazio derby?

Standing around near the stadium and my mate told me to move quickly.

The Lazio fans had set a scooter alight, jammed on the throttle and pointed it at us. Damn thing was approaching us at about 30mph and properly afire.

We need to be careful with that though; the drugs business is worth a fortune to us as well.

I watched such an event in Marseille on. 1998, England v Tunisia.

An enormously fat bloke in shorts but no top wrapped a St Geroge's flag around his shoulders, cried 'England! On Me!' and led the charge into a group of bottle-throwing north African lads.

It made me quite swell with pride.