Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the maths on our impending arrival last night. Two of the f**kers in childcare 4 days a week =

Did the maths on our impending arrival last night. Two of the f**kers in childcare 4 days a week =

2,200 quid a month!

That’s before mortgage payment and bills

Presumably you're going to have to find a place with another bedroom too

Give up work and become a house husband. There's no* shame in it.

*well, not that much

How do they work it out then? Do you get a cheaper rate for the second kid?

Over here it's 101gbp a month for the first and then it gets cheaper for the second (67gbp).

No, got 3 bedrooms

House husband? I’m thinking of becoming an effing childminder myself. Once you’re looking after two

of your own, you may as well chuck a couple more in with you and earn from it.

Our childminder *must* be on something pushing a six figure salary.

And I recently read a feminist claiming middle class parents exploit immigrants by paying them to bring up your kids

No B. Women secretly despise such men. Monty's wife wil end up having wild

intense sex with someone like me.

Actually read in The Guardian of all places that many wives of house-husbands confessed to being embarrassed at dinner parties by the "what does your husband do" question.

Get you!

I think she may cut us a deal on two.

The government provides 15 hours a week and are still pledging to increase that to 30 this year. But that’s only for 3 year olds and only comes into effect the *school term* after they turn 3, so actually you might only see the benefit for about three quarters of a year out of their entire pre-school years.

When I was a nipper, the older lads (grandfathers, uncles etc.) always told us,

when you start working you must save half your pay.

It only actually makes sense when you hit thirty, but all that cash is basically what your wife will need, in terms of time and security, to be able to happily raise your family, leaving you free to enjoy life.