Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The problem with being a proper fundamental atheist

The problem with being a proper fundamental atheist

is that there's one thing that really pisses me off, other than dickheads using their fog lights in the rain (they're f**king for fog you c**ts, they don't call them rain lights, or oooh, there's a bit of light mist on that tree, in that field, half a mile away lights...).
    When these religious nut jobs die, expecting white light, pearly gates, virgins waiting, or even reincarnation as a newt, or whatever their particular brand of un-provable mumbo jumbery promises them in the afterlife as long as they accept **** in this one, I am robbed of the joy of imagining the look on their face when they find out there's nothing but nothingness, there's not even a whiff of 'what..? I put up with working in a Gap sweatshop and giving blow jobs for rent, supporting Spurs and there's nothing!!!
    because they're just dead!
    It's all wrong, there should be something, a brief moment before the nothing when they get to realise that it is just nothing and all the kneeling, bowing, scraping, warring, not whoring, and generally being a righteous smug c**t was all a complete waste of their life.

Speaking of lights. I must have looked like a right idiot

when I was out driving my new car and tried to flash my lights to let this fella go ahead.

Rather than flash they just stayed on full beam and as I tried to fix it I just ended up giving numerous confusing indicator signals

I wasn't used to the controls

I just found a cruise control stick behind the wheel that wasn't there before.

The thing is, it’s only unthinking cretins who genuinely believe in God. The overwhelming majority

of educated people who claim to do so, do not.

After all, how could they? Credulity to that degree is utterly incompatible with being an educated person.

Are you a fan of Roachford's Cuddly Toy?

I envy those who really, truly do, though. For the rest of us there's only

depressive thoughts looming ahead as we get older

What's depressing about contemplating life's futility and the cold, empty darkness ahead?

You know-nowt, cvnt-warbler you. You propose a spritually sterile universe and assume

your soul-less, blasphemous philosophies are somehow self evident and irrefutable.

Atheism is actually the intellectual path of least resistance and is always clung to by you and the other one hundred million pseudo educated mediocrities.

The terrifying, cold black vacuum of eternity is actually rather exciting eh?

Oddly enough, though, I'm much more chilled about it now than I was in my early 20s.

That's when intimations of mortality really f**ked with my head. These days I sort of think I'm pretty 'meh' about it.

Of course, it isn't being dead that really worries a chap. It's the ghastly, undignified business of dying.

Well I'm an agnostic so as far as I'm concerned it's not nailed on