Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The problem with being a proper fundamental atheist

Well. both of you, that is exactly what I said to Monty but I had the decency to call him a cvnt too

Oh, I've already done all that. Trying to sort out the fallout from it is what's knackered me.

A nice long lie-down in the ground would be just the thing, tbh.

The c**t thing is a given, in fairness

Be careful PV. If yourthoughts turn to it at the hour of the wolf, when you're half asleep and

essentially naked but for your own fragile psyche, then death's cold, bony hand can reach inside you and tweak your very soul.

It's as good an answer as any.

'The grave's a fine and private place/But none I think do there embrace', as Mr Marvell so rightly put it.

I still can''t bring myself to play any Motorhead. I translated his book in Bulgarian and also

took him round Sofia when he was here, on the hunt for WW2 stuff. He was a proper collector, he is listed among the top ones. Overall, met him a few times and besides loving his music and what he stood for, I don''t think I've ever met such an honest, decent and cool person. Very, very intelligent too. Oh well,he lived on his own terms for the best part of 70 years,like he said "can't complain,I've had a pretty good run".

Oh wow, I had no idea. Top work

You have to love someone who is so cool their fetishism for Nazi gear is even loveable.

A bit late? I knew it was horse**** in my first RE class at secondary school

Not that I claim any particular credit for this

I didn't call myself an atheist, did I?

Anyway, all the cool kids call themselves anti-theists, nowadays.

To be fair, though, I can only assume that's because atheists have managed to make the brand so

toxic by being obnoxious little know-alls who think that achieving an insight that's blindingly obvious to a half-bright child makes them intellectuals and who imagine there's some moral virtue in doing the equivalent of telling children there's no Santa Claus.

I''ve felt its chill many a time in the dead of night and it usually has

me literally jumping out of bed, with a cry of "Oh Fuuuck!" bouncing against the walls, as they stand witness to my horror. Then I usually let out a quiet helpless sigh and fall back into the bed.