Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The problem with being a proper fundamental atheist

Nothing really....if you're a member of say, Mayhem, the band, and like

burying your clothes into the ground so that they could start to rot and get that grave scent.

Was it the sight of the Eternal Footman, your coat across his arm, and your left ******* in his

hand that transitioned you?

Partly, perhaps. Things like that do tend to force one to confront the inevitability of death and

one's utter helplessness in the face of of disease, decay and ultimately death.

However, I think it's as much age and the realisation that life is just f**king tiring. I'm knackered now, so f**k knows what I'll feel like if I make it to 70.

Aren't you a bit late boarding the Dawkins bus, m?

You realise, of course, that the only intellectually valid path is agnosticism, don't you? Atheism is just as evidence-free a doctrine as religious faith.

I was quite chilled for a few years too. Recently I''ve been getting the odd

overwhelming panic attack or two. I usually deal with it by desperately throwing my arms around my girlfriend in hysterical embrace, which she sometimes finds rather creepy of me.

Jesus B - you need a mid life crisis! Go and get a motorbike or take up drumming or snorting

cocaine off a hooker's titties or something. Are you even fifty yet?

Oh yes, for Lemm, of course, just signed it. I am still shattered by his passing.

Thank you, enquiring minds and atheism do not make happy bed fellows

Good man, I knew you'd appreciate the sentiment