Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm beginning to think that Downton Abbey is a bunch of twaddle

I'm beginning to think that Downton Abbey is a bunch of twaddle

At least Lady Mary is a proper high-class ****. Unfortunately Lord Grantham has been completely neutered by all the women.

the only thing that could possibly salvage this mess is a full on orgy followed by Bates murdering whoever was boinking Anna.

It's harmless entertainment. I don't think Master Bates has the energy to do that.

I've seen his rage, the glower in his eye, the red mist

Actually that's about all he's been doing the last three seasons. If he's not offing someone he's threatening to do so.

He's about the most boring character of all. Saw the actor on stage doing something competely

different and he was still offering the same glower.

We've just started the final season here

Episode 1 aired Sunday.

Julian Fellowes is just regurgitating old plot lines now and the 'downstairs' mob have become caricatures of themselves at this point. Don't tell the missus I said that, she still loves the drivel.

I still enjoy it but there sure are some howlers in this one. And some of the plot lines are well...

not very exciting?

Maybe you were expecting car chases or drive by shootings. Don't forget that life in those days

among the elite was probably one big yawn. There was no TV, Facebook or Arsenal matches to watch. All they had were scandals to discuss. Much like it was when I was born centuries ago.

I thought there was going to be more of the blackmailing situation but it came and went.

Some of the howlers are phrases used that are from the 20th century..

Thoughts on our Stan basically ****ting all over your city today ?