Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I’m normally an optimistic soul when it comes to football, but I’d put my c**ting house on

I would be reluctant to read too much into it.

God help us if anybody from Sky suggests on Monday evening that this is any kind of early title decider.

We have already beaten a better side than City this season, namely Bayern. We have beaten United, a team who for many seasons we appeared unable to gain a consistent upper hand over despite arguably being a better team for a lot of that time.

We beat City last year at their place, perhaps the year before at our place when Arteta scored. City are far from formidable.

The single importance of Monday night would be to open a 4 point gap on them, small but any gain is important given they are the most likely true opponent we have for the title. The confidence boost from such a result also being a huge intangible bonus.

However as you correctly point out we have been here before and being top in Nov / December does not count for an awful lot.

I suspect that if he’s declared fit, he’ll start on the bench. Would seem the sensible option,

all things considered.

He posted a photo on his Instagram of him at home with his dogs. They are soooooooooo cute, honestly, I think they could even elicit a morsel of emotion from you.

Sanchez will start imo. Arsenal can use the uncertainty to their advantage. City won't know whether

to prepare for Campbell or Alexis and when they see Alexis on the teamsheet 60 minutes before kick off, it will be a leetle bit psychological blow.

Aguero's better than Giroud and Toure better than Ramsey, I'm afraid.

Nah draw at worst imo. Which would be ok.

Btw seeing as it's Corporation Tax time are your accountants your friends this year or a bunch of no good c**ts?

Chip pisser. It's the collective sum not the individual parts that counts

whatever that means

My accountants are ace. Always.

It's the f**king Revenue I hate. Thieving c**ts

Short of establishing a 10+ point lead by March time i'd still be inclined to

have Man City as favourites.

You are right that we've won a few of these 'tests' in recent times, but the only other measurable variable we really have to work with is injuries, and on that front we have already been f**ked hard in the arse harder than ever and it's not even Christmas.

I would agree on Aguero.

Not so convinced about Yaya this season. Indeed last season also his input and influence was severely reduced I thought. Ramsey I think is a fantastic footballer.

On that basis I put us ahead as Ozil is without comparison at present.

If you look at key influencers in the game look also at defence where City less Kompany are poor and then Cech or Hart, again our boy comes out on top which you will admit if you can see past your hatred.