Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In ten years (or more likely much less) Arsene Wenger won’t be our manager and Spurs will have

Or we could build a new stadium and sell ours for a whackload of money. I'm sure we could

make a mint selling the Emirates as housing, commercial etc

History will reflect his trophy wins.

By supporters he will be remembered, or seen by those who follow after his reign, as a very good manager who delivered tangible success.

In time ‘achievements’ such as continued top 4 finishes and subsequent European qualification during the period of relative financial drought will be viewed largely as an irrelevance.

I would say the above is fair as per your original question.

Rent for a while, wait for the property bubble to burst. Smart

60,000 was the largest we were allowed.. who cares if Spurs have an extra 1000 seats

It was Mike Dean's decision.

The stadium has been built with expansion in mind. The seating can be adjusted to accommodate extra

if needed.

Plus money talks.

Nod Council and having to pay for more transport upgrades

is the main issue, not the stadium

It never ceases to anger me how trains don't stop at Drayton Park or Holloway Road on match days,

helping to cause the very congestion they complain about.

I think he'll be remembered for the invicibles season and building the new ground.

Which will be a shame because he's done ****loads more than that.

There is 4 tube stations within a 10 minute stroll of the ground, another 2 at least slightly furthe

Not sure opening DP would really make a massive dent in this. You then have the issue of crowds gathering to enter that station post matches, itself possibly even closed post-midweek games, an issue beyond the control of Arsenal Football Club.

The congestion would be eased considerably if people went to the pub after games and drank heavily.