Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: That penalty was a bit f**king harsh, wasn't it? The poor blokes arms were out to cushion his fall.

You obviously haven't a ****ing clue... you are talking sucj utter crap it's making me laugh

your back up reasoning has more holes in it than swiss cheese

read your own Graham poll comment

So the question of intent is now, did the offender deliberately place his arms in an unnatural position to increase the chances of the ball hitting him?

If the answer to that is yes then it is correct to penalise that player even though it used to be argued that was ball to hand.'

He seems to believe that, unless you have both feet planted firmly on the ground,

your body is entirely out of control; as if, perhaps, the devil has the ability to enter the body through the soles of the feet and take possession of it. This must be what they believe up norf. I understand that the worst thing the devil does is to stop the poor possessee from staring at the ball, for as we know, not looking directly at the football for a fraction of a second is a sending off offence.

hile Sir C seems to think that not looking at the ball and having both feet off the ground

while falling over is the way to play the game

nutters, the pair of you

Don't let the deomons in! Keep your feet on the floor!

Even by your standards, this is some cretinous ****.

Now I am going away. Try not to embarrass yourself any further.

"Oh look I can fly" I'm a bird flying through the air.

Even by your standards you have lost it

You've gone a bit weird, tbh. This isn't fun anymore. Frown

Twas my first reaction tbf though I can see why the ref gave it

Not telling Pokster that though

You can see why he gave it, yes. But he was still wrong.

As with any decision, you have to ask how we would react if it had been given against us to judge its merits. We'd have been howling if the same penalty had been given against us when we were two up - absof**kinglutely howling

Yeah...after Ozil's goal was disallowed I actually researched the rule.

It has the paucity of a Fox Viewer I must say. Only thing is deliberate use of hand to control the ball, but wtf, there was nothing deliberate about that pen and yet it's given so frequently it's seen as a no-brainer by most.

I'd say that this should be addressed but FIFA has a more compelling thing or two to spend time on.