Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That penalty was a bit f**king harsh, wasn't it? The poor blokes arms were out to cushion his fall.

I think they feel that Sir c has finally lost his marbles

not exactly your strongest arguement b

You coach children? Yikes Football? Yikes You tell them to stay on their feet?

Are you Ray Wilkins?

This sort of thing isn't allowed?

Football is an athletic sport. You're not supposed to just stand around.

It's true, though. If that had been given against us at 2-0 and we'd gone out I suspect we'd have

strung the referee up by now.

There was a similar incident in the Chelsea v AFCB game at the weekend where Francis slid in and the ball hit him on the forearm. No penalty. Commentators say good decision, Jose says bad decision.

the slight subtle difference (which obviously you haven't spotted) is that the 2 pictures show

players who had control of the ball and looking at it, unlike the greek chap who was looking the other way with his arms oustretched.

But i don't expect people who have never played the game at a certain level to understand

I am impressed by your ability to continue to argue this point without

considering or making reference to the laws of the game in any manner whatsoever.

Fantastic analysis. You think it's a penalty because you don't like players who aren't standing up nicely and looking at the ball. Which is fine, as far as a point of view goes, but it has nothing to do with the game of football and the laws by which it is governed.

I know you are trying to be obtuse, but flying through the air

with your feet off the ground while looking the wrong way is not a natural position (especially when you didn't have the ball), so that smashes your natural position reasoning out of the water.

The bloke wasn't in control and had no idea where the ball was as he was just trying to block it anyway he could, it was a penalty!

Not Pokster, bless him. He'd have been gravely nodding his head and saying that it was the right

decision. Unless he thought everyone else thought differently, in which case he'd take up whichever position ran contrary to common sense and reason.

YOU'RE MAKING THE RULES UP!

f**king hell. I don't care any more.

'Flying through the air'. f**king hell. You might want to look at a rather more sedentary game, mate. One with simpler laws that even you can understand.

As I watched that last night, I chuckled to myself and thought 'Oof! That's a bit of a shocker.

Cheers ref."

Never for one minute did I think anyone would think it was a stonewall penalty.

I underestimated pokster - which I feel bad about.

:sigh: when Rich is one of your back ups you are on dodgy ground