Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats up with english people pretending they know anything about food or gastronomy...

whats up with english people pretending they know anything about food or gastronomy...

I'd say plenty of people, irrespective of nationality, know a fair amount about food and gastronomy.

Except Americans, naturally.

It is, of course, easier to eat well in England than it is in France these days, (certainly in London) so we're probably the culinary capital of Europe now. Belgium would be our closest rival, I would say.

Raw onion in a burger is an abomination. This much is clear. Softened onion is acceptable, but

brings little to the party beyond a certain structural weakness. Onion powder, on the other hand, adds a delicious savoury thang. Just my wee tip, there.

I'm going to be honest with you here, b. Last year I discovered, by chance, how to

get the perfect savoury umami into a burger - there followed barbecues at which people's eyes bulged with excitement at the first bite, and begged for the recipe. It has been revelatory.

I will share the secret with you, naturally. But not in public. No way.

Is it a f**kload of monosodium glutamate?

Mushroom ketchup?

Which bit of 'not in public' did you miss?

If you'd found it, you'd be doing it.

Well which part of 'there is a private messaging system and you have my email and phone numbers' did

you miss, you massive cocktease?

Nod It's that with a bit of parmesan in it or suttin, I betcha