Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Robbie Savage was (whisper it) almost bearable last night.

Robbie Savage was (whisper it) almost bearable last night.

Admittedly, he kept repeating himself. And his most insightful comments were along the lines of 'This is a fantastic team performance'. But he wasn't being deliberately obtuse, which seems to have been his metier when I've heard him before.

I only watched the highlights on ITV, where the sense of disappointment that Arsenal had snuck

through was almost palpable. It really did look like someone had shot their fox.

I can't blame them. 'Arsenal Crash Out' is a story to get your teeth into, whereas 'Arsenal play well and go through' is just a bit 'meh'.

BT Sport were quite the opposite.

From Rio Ferdinand's 'Koscielny is the best defender in the league', Stevie G's 'Ramsey is the best central midfielder in the league', to Wrighty's infantile sqealings, it was quite the Arselovefest.

Was Wrighty wearing his clever glasses?

Yes, I’m a newbie to BT Sport too and quite enjoyed him.

Rio not so much. His comments about our weak bench and how it showed we needed to invest were odd to say the least. He must surely be aware we have almost an entire team of regulars out injured, or does he think we should have a squad of 50 internationals to cover for such an enventuality?

I'm afraid so Frown

Even when he's happy, he does that whining, petulant thing, 'But whhyyy can't they do it all the tiiiime, be more consiiistent?'

Moaning git.

Eamon Dunphy looked miserable on RTE - that was about all I could ascertain in the pub

and Chippy Brady certainly seems to be enjoying his chips these days

The man is fighting a constant war against a slug which is seeking to take over his face.

It's hardling surprising he finds it hard to concentrate.

He hung Brady out to dry at one point.

Commented about how we needed to buy as Liam had told him in the break there is plenty of money in the bank.

Cue Brady saying he did not say those things and that he had got in trouble before when he went back to the club for comments he had made on RTE.

There then followed a discussion on who we should buy as ED pointed out that Godin @ Atletico was in fact the best in Europe, then he said the best in the world and he was the man we should buy.

So in summary in order to help us win this year’s CL we should buy a cup tied player from a club who are still in the competition and who perhaps harbour as realistic chance as us, if not better, of winning the whole thing.

I switched over at this point.