Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Le Pen girl (the young one) is described somwhere as advocating conservative views in a modern

This Le Pen girl (the young one) is described somwhere as advocating conservative views in a modern

manner. By this I take it she tweets, facebooks, vines and doesn't dress like a Scottish widow.

Why are these things considered modern? There is this presumption that modern means progressive politics. But these are decades old definitions.

Some of the media is stuck in a time-warp.

There are some conservatives who believe deeply in reactionary values.

'Progressive' equates to 'change', doesn't it? And what good has change ever done us?

The Russian revolution. That was 'change'. The establishment of the NHS. That was 'change'.

No. Change, or, if you prefer, progressive politics is, quite simply, the road to ruin.

The invention of the car - pollution, road traffic deaths and the Honda Jazz

The invention of the aeroplane - Area bombing and Michael O'Leary.

You're right. Change is bad.

Well that is almost my point. Progressive implies deterministic as if there is only one way and one

destination. It can also be confused through the wilful misuse of language so that "progressive taxation" meaning you pay more is taken to mean something which is good.

She's the sort of woman whom older men describe as 'handsome'.

Would you, mo?

The aeroplane had f**k all to do with Riverdance.

A 25 year old girl who is 'handsome' is verging on an insult. I'd give her one but she's no great

shakes.

Pic?

I remember the old fascist Jean Marie had a rather toothsome wife who released some quite naughty shots when I was of an impressionable age

That is NOT a kind face Judge