Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Chambers played (for us) in the midfield before?

Have you seen much of the Pole at Sevilla? Number 4... Quite highly regarded.

Might be better to get someone in used to playing at that standard rather than the Portuguese league.

I would be less than convinced about that course of events.

Unless there was pre-defined contract clauses which allow a fixed fee. A selling club can take us for a ride in January if circumstances dictate us as being ‘desperate’, a scenario which will unfold based on results between now and then.

Us being taken for a ride in the market simply will not occur.

You are as likely to see Kim Kallstrom v2015.

Depends where we are in the league imo. We've got easyish fixtures up until

January so if we're still within a few points or top then i think he'd maybe buy one. A loan deal (or nothing) if we're in the race for 3rd/4th.

Any decision to buy would imo be based on Arteta, not Coquelin’s absence.

The lad was never going to be able to play all 44 games so him being absent will always have been envisaged, and covered. It has now happened, perhaps for longer than ideal.

If however Arteta is showing that he simply cannot be relied on any longer for fitness then the summer decision that no further strengthening was needed may be revised.

Do you believe Arteta can be relied upon to consistenty produce performances of the required level?

I do not.

Arteta is a fine footballer.

However none of us are getting any younger and injuries do appear to be continually or repeatedly catching up on him.

An injured footballer is no use to anybody.