Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well it looks as if the Turks aren't prepared to take the same sort of easy-going attitude to Russia

Right. So not thinking that Russia has the right to violate other countries' sovereign airspace with

its warplanes - as it has been doing for years now - makes me a supporter of ISIS?

Even for you, that is something of a leap, snin.

Nah. The Kremlin is already trying to de-escalate it by claiming it was shot down from inside Syria.

Even Putin knows that going toe-to-toe with the Turks is a very stupid idea. A message has been sent and Russia will no longer piss about in Turkish airspace is my guess.

That said, you're right in one sense. With this and the airliner being blown up, Putin's prestige has taken some mighty slaps since his Middle Eastern adventure started. Will be interesting to see what he does to try and claw it back.

I feel so lifted to be even partially agreed with by a man of your prodigious intellect.

They entered our airspace earlier this year.

We did nothing.

They flew over some stinking bog in Cork?

They've been doing it weekly for a year

The Turks took a week of it before deciding they'd had enough

But surely you could have launched your fast jets to interce...

I don't like your tone Herbs.

A simply apology by PM will suffice in this instance.

Be fair, they have a Cessna 172, at the sight of which MiGs and Sukhois run and hide.

Ah, there you are. Abusing gstb at near midnight? Is it fair to say drink was taken last night?