Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chambers can cover for Coq.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chambers can cover for Coq.

Says the SFC

I was wondering when the "Chambers can play DM" stuff would come up.

Surely Flamini will slot in? He made a big difference when he came on at home against Spurs.

and has certainly shown better form than Arteta on his occasional outings this season.

Matty 'goalhanger' Flamini?

Gibbs used to play as a striker in his youth, doesn't mean he's any good there. Lots of

Players end up playing completely different positions than that they played in youth football.

Meant for LA.

No it isn't completely irrelevant. Leaving aside that Gibbs was never a striker

He was a winger or central midfielder, the fact is that Chambers until very recently was playing at a high level of football for his age as a central midfielder - it, is as Wenger has pointed out, the position in which he was educated in. Not exactly talking about a 30-year-old trying to remember what position he played in as a 16-year-old.

Judge He's too tall to play in midfield.

I'm sorry la; I don't make the rules.

The problem with Flamini looking decent at times this season is that it's cos he's going forward.

He's making all sorts of darting runs that nobody, defenders included, expect of him so he generally looks better/his game more dynamic.

That's not what we want from our replacement DM, tbh.

No, he brought an energy to the Spurs game and was key to us pushing them back in the final 20 mins

of the game. He won a lot of individual battles, one tackle in particular that raised the crowd. He’s obviously an inferior player to Coquelin, but he is surely the obvious choice to play.

So you disagree with him looking better this season because he's had more freedom?

Whereas against say, Wednesday, where he was playing in the "holding" role he was f**king awful.

I enjoy that you're using 20 minutes of one game as your primary/singular example.

Yes he's clearly the obvious choice to play, but the f**king state of things that this has had to happen. I'd much rather try and do something with Chambers there, at least he's got youth on his side.