Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any word on Coq yet? I suppose Ramsey and Ox are coming back just

Any word on Coq yet? I suppose Ramsey and Ox are coming back just

At the right time.

Little setback for Ox. I know, you must be surprised.

Ramsey in full training on Monday and straight into the starting 11 on Tuesday

Any news about whether Jack can go outside yet?

Do you ride in a group much and do draughting etc? They are getting rid of no draughting

rules in Tri-athalons by the look of it so I was wondering how it all works really ? Will really change things, I will miss the fact it was just pure single effort / results on the bikes as I think it will now favour cyclists over runners. the good news of it is also changes to aero rules so getting rid of the tools on full disc wheels , aero helmets , etc . Any tips on how it all works ?
    http://www.evanscycles.com/coffeestop/news/aero-no-no-how-th e-itu-is-changing-the-game/

basically I don't get how it works as no teams so whats etiquette on taking over front

place in a group ? for how long ? and do people get annoyed if too close / not close enough ?

Sometimes. At long distance sportive events I tend pick on to a group from time to time

and form a chain.
    Sometimes I go out with the local cycling club, in a group.

You'll go much faster with less effort. It becomes a bit more of an interval type ride I suppose. The period you are in someone's wheel you coast along and can drop your heart rate a bit. As soon as it's your turn at the front it's hard work for some minutes/miles.
    so at front you may be doing 22mph on your won power. In the middle of the group you'll also be doing that 22mph, but the effort will be like riding at 18phm on your own.

It takes some getting used to. You need to be closed enough (not more than 1 metre away) to the wheel in front to get good enough draft.
    I can be require a lot of focus and be slightly stressfull the first few times. Even when you're used to it, you always need to be vigilant. It's important to learn the signals (for cars, potholes, onbstacles etc)

How long you take the front depens on size of the group, pace, preference of the people you happen

to hook up with...

Sometimes you lead for a 30 seconds, sometimes a couple of miles.
    Of course the aim is to share the effort equally. I don't do competitive events, so it's fine if I hang on the a faster group and skip the odd turn. That won't be appreciated in any race of course.

cheers, my mate tried to show me signs last year but I didnt listen but will now

also when you say it can be 30 sec or can be longer , is it best to watch the group to find out ? also is it always the back who goes to front or just one move forward at a time ?

reading your info it does seem to go against the grain of triathalons a bit tbh

makes it not just a pure individual test