Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I accidentally watched a Michael Moore Movie.

I accidentally watched a Michael Moore Movie.

Capitalist *******s!

George Bush what a devil

Farenheit 911?

The "Now watch this drive" bit is genius

hehe No it was Capitalism: A Love Story

Yes. Isn't is amazing how convincing an argument can be when only one side is presented?

Oh, and when some of the points made are simply made up, of course.

See also nearly every newspaper in the country

Where can I find the other side Berni? I feel the American Dream has been mis-sold to me.

What?!? Are you saying that newspapers in this country have political agendas? Yikes

This revelation has rocked my understanding of the world to its foundations, tbh. I had thought every word printed in them was the unadorned truth up until now.

Heavy sarcasm aside, there's no way a piece with the inaccuracies, misrepresentations and just plain lies told by Moore in Fahrenheit 9/11 would have got published in any reputable newspaper here or in America. Journalism has proper standards of evidence, whereas propaganda as practised by Moore does not. The fact that their Op/Ed pages may have a political bias doesn't make it OK for their journos just to make stuff up. When they do that and get caught, they are professionally destroyed.

Oh, and 'Nearly every newspaper'? Which are these unaffiliated newspapers you read?

I think the Indy is fairly even handed tbh

I like the criticism people like Michael Moore get, especially as it all seems to be on the basis of a lack of balance. He never dresses it up as balanced, he's a polemicist who just happens to be wittier than a lot of the people at Fox news, who get away with a million more inaccuracies and misrepresentations. Of course, one pretends to be a news channel, and gets away with it which is even more worrying.

I dont read PJ O'Rourke to be informed either, he's a funny writer, and a bloody good essayist to boot. Moore is a similar documentarian.

The Independent is only slightly to the right of The Guardian. Indeed, in some places, it's to the

left of it.

The thing is, I doubt we could even agree on what postcode the centre is in