Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsene eschews Serge protection

Arsene eschews Serge protection

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/10/wenger-no-recall-for-gnabry /

Despite Arsenal’s injury problems, with 6 players who can okay on the right side of midfield out of action, Arsene Wenger has no plans to recall Serge Gnabry.

The 20 year was loaned to West Bom for the season, and that’s where Arsene Wenger wants him to stay. He’s challenged the German to prove Tony Pulis wrong after the Baggies manager criticised him earlier this week.

“Serge has come here to play games but he just hasn’t been for me, at the moment, at that level to play the games,” said Pulis.

“He’s come from academy football and not played much league football. Does academy football really prepare players for league football? And we’re talking about Premier League football here.

“As a manager you pick a team that’s going to win a game of football. You pick your best team, you don’t leave people out because you don’t like them, because of this, that and the other.”

Asked about the possbility of bringing him back, the Arsenal manager, said “Serge Gnabry is on loan for a season and we cannot get him back, before the transfer period anyway.

“Loans between Premier League clubs are season-long loans. I have heard that Tony Pulis is not happy with him.

“He [Gnabry] has to change his opinion because I think Serge has the quality to play in the Premier League and it’s good that he faces this type of challenge, to change Tony Pulis round, and I hope he is putting the effort in.”

Returning to Arsenal to fill-in might be even considered an easy option, because when those ahead of him in the pecking order return, he won’t be playing for us either.

It’s a challenge, let’s see if he’s up for it.

Do we have any players who can cokay on the right side of midfield though

Or is that the left side

I scent c**tery. Pulis knew exactly what he was getting.

He has a small squad short on quality and numbers. Looked around in the loan market and was offered

a wonderfully hyped german youngster from Arsenal. Probably thought he'd take a chance, what does he have to lose?

Unfortunately for him Gnabry hasn't looked good enough in training (Arsene likes to use training as a reference point, isn't it?) and so he hasn't played him.

I don’t think that reasonable analysis of events fits in with Mo’s theory.

I'm imagining a scenario where Pulis took our best youngster to purposely not play him

for a year and ruin his development.

Nod

Pulis is not picking him because he hates Arsenal, or something like that, presumably based on his previous employment at Stoke.

Gnabry being an Arsenal youth is good enough to be an automatic first team player elsewhere.

Gnabry is better than at least half the WBA starting line-up.

Based on what?

Good man Thumb Up

Do you have an Arsenal duvet?