Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: As much as we may hate feminists and everything they pretend to stand for,

Well that was their own fault for nailing his feet to the cross. If he'd hung there limply, his

lungs would have collapsed much more quickly. I believe that's why breaking the victim's legs used to be considered an act of mercy.

Not a nice way to go, crucifixion.

You don’t tend to get teenagers posing for selfies in front of these sites, because even teenagers

understand they are solemn depictions, whereas in front of, for example, Christ the Redeemer in Rio, you do.

He'll be out for around three days

I think you have seen Dogma too many times

John Wayne's not that sort of Centurion

There was nothing gruesome in the film Titanic (apart from fatty Winslet getting nuddy). You saw

people fall off deck and Jack slip out of Rose’s hands to his death. You don’t see any corpses and, as I said, you would never see corpses in a Titanic theme park ride – a direct equivalent to the London Dungeon or Jack the Ripper Museum.

So you find corpses more gruesome than realistic images of terror and death?

Besides, at the end of the film, they show hundreds of corpses lying in the water.

Those were the lucky *******s who didn't survive to see the film

Face down corpses in the water are not gruesome. Just as you draw a distinction between watching

9/11 and watching a snuff beheading video. The appropriate way to approach tragedies has shades of grey that we all navigate, but I think generally speaking we all have a good sense of what is and isn’t bad taste. And I think you know that inviting people to have photos taken with face-up corpses of murdered victims - whenever these events took place - is bad taste.

Oh, I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue that it's not in bad taste, but so are lots

of things. Personally, I find 'Take Me Out' unbelievably offensive to me as a human being, but I don't get outraged about it, protest or demand it be taken off screens. I just don't watch it and choose to feel a certain way about those who do.