Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As much as we may hate feminists and everything they pretend to stand for,

As much as we may hate feminists and everything they pretend to stand for,

they kinda, sorta do have a point here, don't they.
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/28/taking- a-halloween-selfie-with-jack-the-rippers-mutilated-victims-i s-not-fun-its-offensive-museum#comments

“Step straight into the world of Jack the Ripper and experience his crimes through the eyes of the women who were his victims. It’s educational, fun and scary!”

My word.

I don't hate feminists at all. However, this is nonsense, since creating entertainment out of death

and torture goes on all the time. The London Dungeon and Madame Tussaud's are just two examples that have been going on for years with no-one objecting. Also, every film about killing or murder that is based on a true story could be said to be exploitative.
    Time and distance make everything fair game sooner or later. Special pleading because the victims are women is just silly and rather offensive in itself.

Almost as if the strongest symbol of the world's most popular religion

is a man bleeding to death on a cross

It is the tactless wording of the press release that I am questioning. Being encouraged to have your

photo taken with a replica of a corpse is staggeringly bad judgement.

We can find the story of Jack the Ripper and other tragedies compelling - exciting even - without such an explicit demonstration of bad taste.

It would be like the a theme ride of Titanic leaving corpses on deck. That wouldn’t happen and you know it. The story can be fun and entertaining but the victims remain sacrosanct.

Asphyxiating, I believe.

Yes and it's no coincidence that the most tourist-friendly sites around the world dedicated to Jesus

do not depict him on a cross.

Have you been to The London Dungeon lately? They have all these things and more.

Nothing is sacrosanct after long enough. James Cameron was allowed to make a film depicting the horrific last moments of the Titanic - complete with convincing terror and death - nobody gave a ****.

Bless you

Technically true but he was taking his bleeding time about it hence the spear in the side. In either case it was only a minor knock - back saviouring in two-three days

Apart from every major Catholic site of worship from St Peter's on down, you mean?

Apart from The Vatican, of course, which is a festival of gory Jesus based art