Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been saving a bit and I want to get more out of my money so I am looking for investment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've been saving a bit and I want to get more out of my money so I am looking for investment

opportunities.

I don't have a large bankroll but it's slowly adding up.

Properties in Canada seem cheap in my home town. I can get quite a large home for about 80 thousand pounds. I am tempted to buy to let. Being international is difficult but I have family over there who could assist on the administration side. Rent it out more than $1000 a month coming in pay for it self.
    On the other hand seems most likely to be purchasing a place in Italy from another family member. This is cheap as chips.

I need some sort of extra scheme to make some extra monies. But I have no idea what I am doing so this stuff unsettles me.

any other ways to make the most of relatively small savings? PM me your sort codes.

Are you using your and your wife's full ISA allowance?

That has to be your first step.

I need to look into this. I am a bit stupid when it comes to money. It only took me 33 years

to work out not to piss it away on rubbish*

*less rubbish.

Good man.

I'd like to think that my regular friendly advice against buying too much crap assisted in some small way to this end.

Like 200 quid garish tshirts? That was you wasnt' it fash?

I remember those. They would make a decent birthday present for one of my youngsters.

Do you remember who made them?

That was Fash.

70 quid tops.

Tops as in maximum and as in shirts.

Nod I think it finally clicked when I compare what something costs

to meat and cheese which I have mentioned on here a few times.

I try to think before spending money what I would get for the same amount in trivial items. I don't even buy takeaways anymore using this method.

I try not to use credit cards either anymore, Anything new is budgeted. My TV for example is on the blink but still works. In the past I'd have ordered one immediately if I had the money or not.

ISAs aren't exciting, but they ARE the most tax-efficient way to save.

I know, it's dull, dull, dull. But efficient.

You can each invest 15k a year.

Nono Pension is the best... but really comes into itw own in the final couple of working yrs

when you can pay all your salary in and take 25% out without paying any tax

FREE MONEY imo0