Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Awimb I am on a downer.

It gets easier the longer you abstain for - although a lot of smokers say that they will always be

addicted, it just becomes easier to manage.

You need to be strong enough to realise it's a massively horrible process but that your life and general well-being will improve long term as a result.

Look at poor Cruyff - didn't listen to the medical advice and now will die from cancer.

No. You see, that's the trouble; the only people encouraged to actually be men

nowadays are in fact, birds.

Real blokes today are mostly all homos with gym memberships and running shoes.

It's not 'massively horrible', it's just tiresome and slightly unpleasant.

This is half the problem, you see? Everyone makes out like giving up smoking is equivalent to climbing f**king Everest or something. It's not. You feel a bit ****ty for a couple of days and after that you just have to display a little bit of willpower.

It's not actually that hard. Unfortunately, there is an industry devoted to telling everyone it is and trying to sell them unnecessary **** like patches and gum.

Nod And Cuban cigars, thankfully.

And you experience of this is......

I end up with this nervous/hungry feeling and this mental rage feeling.

How long does that last?

I am not really supposed to be a smoker.#
    I only started when I was single to get womens.

Do you not have a training regime, r? How do you burn off all that Alsacien fare?

I have smoked many cigarettes in my life but never been a smoker. Should it only be smokers that are

allowed to give advice on the subject?

That lasts a couple of days. Those are just spikes of panic as the drug leaves your system.

Breathe deeply and they pass.

But being really old is a bit **** though, isn't it, Rich?

And an endless expense in new hips and ****. Smokers are doing everyone a favour by pegging out early and saving money, freeing up housing and so on. They need more love & appreciaition imo.