Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Awimb I am on a downer.

I just like the idea that Germain Greer is somehow anti-feminist

I also like the decidedly short shrift she gave the morons.

I always found this to be the distinct drawback of team sports, other people

I've always rather liked her, to be fair. She's never been one of your Dworkin types and doesn't

have the rape obsession that seems to bedevil modern feminism. She's also quite funny, which is f**king unusual for a feminist.

Maybe it's time for you to take on the Emilio Estevez role

Goooooooooldberg!

I love it, tbh. A male sports team is essentially an environment where virtually anything can be

said - however apparently cruel, distasteful or savage - as long as it's funny and nobody is allowed to take offence and you're all on the same side really. As a result, I have probably laughed more within team environments than anywhere else in my life.

I thought I'd make an effort with the other people last week

Nobody was interested in my small talk. (This is my first time playing in 12 years) Oh right and a little smile

Apart from the coach who was fine as I had a lot of connections to him from people in the past.

It was a weird feeling to try to do something that you could always do without thinking.

only to sort of fall in a heap

I confused the goalie though. I was skating like a prick but had a great shot.

Also you are guaranteed at least one proper

pervert type in the group.

I've never really played that well with others, only child see

I got caught in some classic spin class banter at the gym yesterday. It was an effort to even mask 10pc of the clearly obvious contempt I felt for them.