Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very pleased for the Welshers and all that but those post match celebrations were just a tad daft

Very pleased for the Welshers and all that but those post match celebrations were just a tad daft

How anyone can slide across the turf, fists pumping, having just lost a game 2-0 is beyond me.
    I get the qualification bit but it's a racing certainty that they're going out in the preliminary group stages.

:pokster:

I'm annoyed that they expanded the tournament tbh. You end up getting these poverty nations

like Albania and Wales in it. And Wales will probably get into the last 16 given even 3rd placed teams in a group of 4 will be in the last 16. Platini is a c**t.

Harsh in the extreme.

The point of the group stages is to qualify, which they did. Wd Wales.

Given how rarely this has occurred in Welsh Football then the achievement is a big moment for them. They have some decent players to be fair and 1 brilliant player, similar to other countries that have qualified. Not sure a group stage exit is nailed on unless their rather generous FIFA ranking works against them.

There's 6 groups and the 4 best 3rd placed teams go through to the last 16. I'd say it's

nailed on they get out of the group.

It's like those leaping, sobbing saps who get past the first round of an X Factor audition

Enjoy your moment but calm down love/mate, you're not going to get anywhere near the live shows

Did our players not celebrate rather exuberantly when we made 4th a few years back?

It’s the culmination of hard work over a period of time. Sometimes when I click Save on a spreadsheet with a few formulae in it I propel myself backwards in my chair and seek high and low fives.

I don't watch the XFactor.

Do you use macros?

Come on though, it's 58 years since they last qualified for anything

To put that into some historical perspective that's even before spurs had last won the league

There appears to be some more obvious **** in there, more than normal.

NI, Albania and we have a 50/50 chance now in the play-offs, though we hockeyed the world champions last week.

Not sure what is the point of such teams in a major tournament.