Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am not annoyed about last night anymore. As I really dislike the Champions league anyway.

I am not annoyed about last night anymore. As I really dislike the Champions league anyway.

It used to be exciting but not anymore.

Also Europa league not the end of the world. The winner gets a CL spot.

You think we're good enough to get third spot in our qualifying group?

Boring competition isn't it. Half the teams are crap like FC Bate Borisov

We'll never have a chance of winning it anyway. No way we could beat Bayern, Real or Barcelona, Chelsea

What gets me is it's full of teams with players who'd struggle to make the bench at Stoke

yet seem to regularly put in a performance against us.
    Is that really down to the players or perhaps managers who can motivate and know how to set up ?
    My overriding concern is the total lack of fighting speeerit amongst our lot when were up against it. We seem to freeze and enter ball watching mode.

This is the annoying thing. In my opinion we are capable of much more than last night. If we were

simply **** I wouldn't be annoyed and say fair enough.

However this is happening a lot more often these days. Something is very wrong yet again. What's wrong with the players why they are like a sack of **** and don't seem to care less?

Last night, we were up against 35 yr old Cambiosso (ex-Leicester) and Kasami (ex-Fulham)

Maybe we are overconfident that our way of football is enough. It worked before but

maybe doesn't work anymore when you don't commit 100% to it.

Thinking we'll turn up and our 'quality' will be enough to get through.

We've conceded 3 goals in 3 of our last 4 home games, and against teams like Anderlecht and

Olympiacos

AWFUL!!

One can be annoyed at the level of performanc, the errors, but not the bigger picture of the CL.

My general ambivalence towards the CL, or our involvement in the CL, is well documented. We are merely in the mix with many others to make up the numbers.

We are like Everton in the FA Cup, a side who if all the cards fall in the right place may end up having a decent run but ultimately we are not really going to win it.

We have qualified and as such we have achieved our aim, the financial results of same are recorded for ever in the clubs annual accounts.

Still think we might qualify all the same, the option of finishing third is the worst case scenario.

And of course, it simply has to be said, Ospina LOL.

Exactly.