Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A fairly decent attempt by the Jamaicans to skim a few quid from HMRC I thought Roll eyes

I'm not really sure that's a decent comparison either

I think apologising might be the right thing to do and would also at least start to allow some moving on.

Mind you, we've a ridiculous amount of apologising to do given our bloody track record.

rum, tea, rubber ? jerk chicken? Reggae skank ? bit of weeed ?

you are all over dem Jamaican bad boyz imo

Erm, Rome was a society almost entirely predicated on slavery, j. Slaves were taken from all over

the empire and 'carted off' to other parts of it with plenty of them dying on the way and when they got to where they were going. The same went for the Greeks.

Slavery in one form or another is pretty much a constant in human history up until pretty damn recently. Us throwing our hands up in horror at it now simply displays our lack of perspective.

f**k em J..we won they lost..and since they big mean f**kers we must have done a good job imo

wd us..and judging from yardies in Brixton I think if they had had the boats n navy n ting and found us first then we would have a bloody hiding tbh nooooo remorse or respecting us from dem imo

I've not either but 'we' definitely have

Quite a few of the stately homes were built on slaver's sugar money and half the hereditary peers in the house of lords are there because of some ill-gotten colonial gain or other.

Such an apology would be entirely meaningless, though, since nobody alive today has a single damn

thing for which to apologise. And I, for one, am not prepared to bear some supposed burden of guilt on behalf of other people's ancestors thank you very much. Besides, all these people want is to see whitey grovel and maybe get a few quid into the bargain. They can poke that up their racist arses. f**k that.

Besides, once you get started, everyone has plenty to apologise for. Human history is a bit too complex for this sort of simplistic gesture to have any meaning.

I'm well aware of that. They didnt decimate our population and re-settle them as slaves though

well in that case apologies to us bloody welsh you c**t..the amount of big houses built on the

back of our coal and mines..poor bloody Myther with that big bloody house at top of valley looking down on the poor cnuts below...English f**kers...say sorry now

So it is all Tony Greig's fault

and even he is dead

Well I don't own any stately homes, so I'm buggered if I want anyone apologising on my behalf, thank

you very much. The whole argument is very silly and doesn't stand up to a moment's intelligent scrutiny.