Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, on Wednesday I'm being taken down to see a ship wreck off the coast of Monte Carlo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So, on Wednesday I'm being taken down to see a ship wreck off the coast of Monte Carlo

in a 2-man submersible, piloted by a Bond villain from For You Eyes Only.

Weird huh

I saw your yacht post the other day. Are you basically a nautical journo now?

More of a "whatever ****e anyone will pay me for" journo, tbh

This one just happens to be one of the more interesting gigs

Probably a more sensible career move, in fairness

Mind you, not a bad gig all the same. Not ideal for the Thalassophobe/Claustrophobe in me.

I have a horror of submarines, I must admit. I'd probably have a panic attack.

Luckily, this isn't a phobia that's ever proved a major issue.

It's a tinsy little thing. I'm a bit scared my weird irritable leg syndrome

madey-uppy condition is going to flare up and I'll have to ask the pilot to make an ignominous return to the surface.

Yeah. Wouldn't fancy that at all. Just thinking about it gives me the heebie-jeebies Frown

Claustrophobia with the additional fear of drowning.

I was told yesterday the craft is not yet certified and they get you to sign a disclaimer.

They claim it’s positively buoyant and floats to the top if anything goes wrong. But what about if its buoyancy goes wrong?

Frown You're doomed imo.

Anything where you have to sign a disclaimer is bad news imo. Everyone does it blithely, but it does potentially invalidate your life insurance, which is a pretty serious business.

Are you then writing about the submarine or the shipwreck?