Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I noticed there's far too much use of the term ' real people ' at the Labour conference..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I noticed there's far too much use of the term ' real people ' at the Labour conference..

What does this actually mean ?

Ian Duncan Smith does not like this

I’m very much enjoying Corbyn’s supporters spinning his failure to even get any of his hobby horses

on the table for debate within the Labour Party – let alone up for a vote – into a positive as it shows his "dedication to democracy".

It almost leaves you wondering, if he's that deferential to the democratic process, why does he not accept that the majority of the country want a Tory government?

Because it's simply not true, maths says so

Enough votes to form a majority, according to the existing democratic process

as you well know I meant

Bit less punchy, mind. I dont really get people's slavish devotion to Trident

It's only the rental of an outdated system designed for a threat that stopped existing 25 years ago.

It keeps us on the Security Council of the United Nations. Shrug

I wouldn't have thought it takes a genius to recognise just how important and valuable a position that is and how several billion pounds is a price well worth paying for it.

Insurance policy innit

Yes, rebranding complete political impotence as democratic inclusivity is pretty funny.

It has all the desperate pathos of a man whose wife is shagging everyone in sight trying to convince you they have an 'open marriage'.

Anything you want it to mean. Basically, it's a term used by political parties to suggest that their

rivals are elitist, out-of-touch or have their heads in the clouds.