Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: “Can we try to have more of a grown-up media? Or is that too much to ask?”

I think he imagines they are ill-served by press owners more concenred with pushing their agenda...

...and selling satellite TV packages over reporting real news that actually matters.

Do you honestly think he thinks less of people than Viscount Rothermere, the Barclays or Murdoch?

Sorry not sure where you are going in relation to the Corbyn quote

which is about the type of journalism which clearly panders to the public need for gossip basically. I am not saying this is right but it is clearly the case

Serious question, are you going for a regular spot on Breitbart or Telegraph Blogs or something?

The boy JC really seems to have upset you

I would be staggered if any media owner did not consider the general public to be cretins. Indeed,

to do so is pretty much essential to the role. Stack em high, sell em cheap.

Right, so why all the opprobrium for JC and nothing for them?

I'm a bit concerned as to why he seems to have enraged you so. I've never met a more dutiful, conscientious and hard working MP, or one where his constituents had nothing but good things to say about him.

I’m more disappointed that two of my Awimb counterparts, both of whose posts I enjoy very much

are demonstrating such staggering naivety.

Oh I don’t have a problem with Corbyn’s comments at all. He’s just – with almost painful irony –

playing the media game. After all, his comments were picked up by the media and have been unthinkingly lapped up by the likes of you and Ashberto.

And of course he is essentially right in that it is tragic that the public appetite for triviality means we get the media we deserve. I would never argue with him about that.

I expect that most people are not interested enough, and are possibly too trusting

of those who have their ear to go rooting around the bottom half of the internet, or to engage others on public forums, to get another side of the story.

Where is the balance in the news outlets people go to, however mistaken they may be? A handful of rich and powerful people are protecting their interests and monopoly on power by ensuring that the Labour party returns to its acceptable role of Tory Party Number 2, and you ignore them completely, preferring to bang your battered old drum about the 'cretinous' public.

That said, you lapped up the 'Threat to national security' *******s up with more gusto

At the very time Gideon is negotiating a deal to lock our stockmarket in with the chinese one and giving them the keys to our nuclear infrastructure, no less.

“Not interested enough”...is this not just a polite way of saying they are wilfuly ignorant, i.e.

cretins?