Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: “Can we try to have more of a grown-up media? Or is that too much to ask?”

A communist jihadi irish republican?

bejeezus said Paddy I sang it so well I'll think I'll get up and I'll sing it again
    AllenallenallenAkbar

Come on you reds

No wonder he's a gooner

Having a free and independent press is massively flawed, but it is surely preferable to any

alternative. The problem, as always, is that people are cretins. And quite clearly, Corbyn agrees with this but is too cowardly to say it outright and instead uses the media as a proxy.

I love the idea that Corbyn is hailed as some kind of bastion of truth, a man who "says it how it is", when the truth is he's far too scared to say what he really means, which is that the people he is so desperate to "give a voice" to are cretins.

Again. Are you seriously suggesting that the media have no influence in the spread of ideas?

- which was obviously what I meant by 'where ideas come from', so no need to be so obtuse about that.

Yeah, and scratch the NotW thing. That was *******s.

That's less a logical leap than it is a logical triple jump

It's pretty clear that JC is much, much less in hock to the usual media suspects than the majority of the political figures of the last 25 years and as such is a lot freer to say exactly what he feels.

And if you think he has anything like as low an opinion on people as The Viscount Rothermere, the Barclay Brothers or Rupert Murdoch then you obviously need to do some reading up on them.

You are the one obsessed by treating people as cretins.

The message is pretty f**king plain to me. Can we please talk about the things like matter - housing, living standards, jobs, and peace. For me those those are core principles, and are what politics ought to be about than crucifying a bloke who can't stomach all the bowing and scraping to the queen bull****. And it is all bull**** as well you know.

But what other conclusion can we reach? He believes that personality politics is childish, fatuous

and poisons discourse on serious issues. We can also take as read that he is aware that the reason the media focusses on personality politics is because this is what the majority of people want. They want childish and fatuous.

So what do you imagine he thinks of these people? That they are reading this stuff against their desires and instinct? Or that their desires and instincts are intrinsically childish and fatuous?

People are misinformed and misdirected. Shrug

Maybe they can take part of the blame for that but they are not the ones with the power. To absolve the powerful of the influence they wield is sheer denial.

The mainstream media has never been less influential. No-one alive today and with access to the

digital world has any excuse not to be informed about the issues that matter. Unless, of course, they don’t want to be. Because they are cretins and prefer personality politics.

Get it now?

Not so far. His wife is palestinian and Tony's the palestinian piss czar.

Bull****. Cretins are wilfully misinformed and misdirected because they prefer triviality. As I say

below, no-one alive today and with access to a computer or smart phone has any excuse for not being informed on serious issues. The mainstream media that Corbyn attacks is dead. How typical that a man whose politics are rooted in the past would take such an antiquated and irrelevant position. He is about 30 years late, the thick c**t.

Unless, of course, he is criticising people and not the media.

Got it yet? Getting any warmer?