Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: “Can we try to have more of a grown-up media? Or is that too much to ask?”

“Can we try to have more of a grown-up media? Or is that too much to ask?”

“The media treatment of any politician over unsubstantiated allegations, be it David Cameron, me or anyone else, is wrong and too much of our media is obsessed with personality politics, obsessed with personal criticism of politicians and therefore detracting from very serious issues around housing, living standards, jobs or world peace."

Very well said that man.

Yes we can - a start towards this would be people understanding that the media

reflects the views and attitudes of the population not the other way round. In other words - the people need to grow up first

LA in journo protection shocker Yikes

I agree with both of you tbh.

So instead of punishing the journalists and editors at the NotW

we should be punishing the population? Or at least those of them who bought that paper?

I agree that we shouldn't consider the public to be automata, but are you quite sure that the media never lead public opinion? Where else do ideas come from?

Barry in agreeing with Corbyn GENUINE shocker Yikes

Of course he would say that though, he's a communist jihadi irish republican

Look, people dont want grey areas, they want easy characatures. The last thing they want to do is have to think about anything. If anything has a tonality to it then they'll start coming to all sorts of opinions on their own and then what good will a media built around telling everyone to think be?

The Corbster Clound Nine hehe

Ideas come from people I would imagine

and at no point did I say people in media should be allowed to break the law which is quite a bizarre comeback to my point. Do you honestly believe though the insatiable desire of the public for information on people's private lives is an invention of the media?

The media responds to the fact that the majority of the populace are more likely to read and

watch output based on personality politics than serious reportage or comment.

If Corbyn thinks the majority of the populace are cretins for this – which clearly from his comments he does – why is he so keen to give these same cretins a voice through his "new kind of politics"?

And why are you so keen to a defend a person who thinks the majority of the populace are cretins?

He's certainly about as far away from Tony Blair as you can get