Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Without wishing to reinforce the rather harsh sentiment expressed in the above sticky, why has there

There was an angle where it look like it took a small touch on his shin before landing on his laces.

I looked at the Daily Motion clip you posted and the touch wasn’t perceptible, so either I was wrong or you’ve not seen the same clip I’ve seen.

Because the entire basis of support is largely based on hypocrisy, opposites of reason and logic.

Not always, or by all, but certainly by the majority of people and on most occasions.

Diego Costa is a perfect and topical example, a player who to the supporters of 19 Premier League clubs represents most of what is wrong with football, a player abhorred for his actions. Thing is, stick him in a red and white shirt with Fly Emirates across the chest and we, almost to a man, would defend him and lavish our footballing love on him.

We would regularly ‘demand’ penalties or decisions from referees, yet jump to our feet and abuse the referee if he made the same decisions against us.

There is little reason or logic in being a football supporter.

However there can be and often is logic or reason in being a supporter of football.

And purely for the record and to avoid any confusion, you will be fully aware that on here my and others use of the term ‘deviant’ is used with a nod to attempted humour, as I suspect a lot of your own comments are. I suspect, and indeed hope, that you don’t actually want people to get cancer.

Apply the logic then. The league cup is a crock of worthless ****

That we hsve no real desire to win.

The champions league is the biggest and richest club competition in the world and we are in a group where you dont really want to drop points against the crap sides.

In both financial and footballing terms the answer to your question is f**king obvious amd you know it. So why are you asking?

Oh, amd you are not necessarily a c**t

I’m asking based on the fact that had we lost, many people would have criticised his selection and

accused him of disrespecting the fans by putting out a weak side against our biggest rivals in on one of only two competitions we have a chance of winning.

Of course I understand why he selected that team (just as I understand why he selected the team in Zagreb). My only capacity for rationality and logic is not in question, as I’m sure you would humbly acknowledge.

Well that would have been a reaction to losing to spurs

So you know the answer to that as well.

I think the concern should be around the performances of arteta, debuchy and chambers rather than on the selection. I didnt watch last night but have seen the highlights and heard enough to suggest that none of the three are performing the way they should.

On paper they are all strong selections.

I just watched the flamini goal and was a bit surprised. He waited for it nicely and it was quite well controlled but hardly the netbusing worldie i had been promised. No evidence of a shin though

and if we'd picked up injuries to 1st XI players then everyone

would have said why the hell were they playing

f**ked either way

I can confirm i would have been moaning abput this.

Although i do appreciate that it was spurs. I hope we lose in the next round.

Harsh on Chambers, thought he actually played very well

especially when his RB was all over the place

You moan about everything.

Peter Moan is probably your name.

Apologies if this sounds harsh.

It does a bit. I expect this stuff from you though

It is just who you are.