Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Without wishing to reinforce the rather harsh sentiment expressed in the above sticky, why has there

Without wishing to reinforce the rather harsh sentiment expressed in the above sticky, why has there

not been any criticism of Wenger’s selection policy last night?

And no, “because we won” does not count as a credible answer.

Because we have established a strong squad where we have viable options in nearly every position

and it was the Capital One Cup not the Champions League

oh yeah - and we won vsign

It's the CC, that was possibly one of the strongest sides we've fielded in recent years

normally it's choc full of French 17 year olds

But it was also against our biggest rivals and following two big defeats which meant that yesterday

took on a far greater importance. I’m pretty sure a lot of people would have had something to say had we lost.

Debuchy, Mertesacker and Gibbs were 3/4 of our first choice back four not long ago

all reserves now (arguably in Per's case but I have a feeling Wenger will stick with Gabriel for the next three games at least just to piss off Mourinho)

Has that policy not changed a little in recent seasons?

As important, if not more, to give the peripheral first team squad members a chance to run around.

Yes, mostly because we seem to have followed the lead of other clubs and sent the majority

of our decent prospects out on loan

Hold on, Sanchez played?

Now there's a player who I would have expected to be at home watching Barcelona on the other channel.

Strangely people are more likely to be upset when we lose