Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So this chap in the states who shot the cameraman and reporter was black, motivated by the

Morbid curiosity, I suppose. I was surprised that he shot at her body first.

You're a doctor. Presumably death, wounds, pain and dead bodies are not unknown to you?

What in God's name would you hope to gain from watching such a thing?

I cannot explain it. I just feel intrigued. Also, we don't tend to get too many shootings in Epsom.

And you don't see any wounds in the video.

You are smart enough to be aware that no-one would believe you didnt

take a peek at those images.

Did you see the gunman's own POV footage? Like a real life Call of Duty

I believe him, as I also, haven't looked at the images

Rubbernecker mentality innit

Well I don't actually know what images you mean. If you mean the footage of the shooting itself, no,

I have not watched it. If you mean images in newspapers, then no, I haven't seen them, either. I have only read the story online and have been careful not to click on any videos. As a consequence, I have not seen anything that I would find shocking or harrowing because I don't need to see those things. I have seen an image of just before the shooting and I have seen a blurred still of the man with the gun. I have read descriptions of the events. That is it.

If you check the coverage on The Guardian website (which is where I have gleaned most of my information from), you will find that it is quite possible to inform oneself about this event without watching anything unduly upsetting. Why do you find it so hard to believe that?

Me neither

Perhaps it's a generational thing? We come from a generation that didn't expect as its God-given

right to see footage of every ghastly news event and so we don't seek it out and don't feel compelled to watch it just because it exists. Alternatively, it might just be that one reaches an age where you realise that there are enough upsetting and distressing things in this world without going out of your way to witness more?