Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ashberto - I think you are harsh on Giroud. Here is a guy who arrived a relative unknown and now

Ashberto - I think you are harsh on Giroud. Here is a guy who arrived a relative unknown and now

regularly leads the line for one of Europe's biggest clubs. Yet throughout his time here he's faced suggestions - even from some people who rate him highly - that he's not quite good enough.

It is unreasonable to expect this not to affect him.

I think his response to his holocaust of a performance against (?) last season when he went on a fantastic goalscoring run, is proof enough that he doesn't lack in little bit mental strength.

Unfortunately, I think it's more likely that he is indeed "not good enough", rather than mentally weak.

It was a European game I think.

Can't remember who knocked us out last year.

Jesus Christ.

Monaco indeed.

Not particularly relevant, but pretty cool nonetheless.

Monaco was the dreadful performance after which he scored

8 goals in 18 games to the end of the season. Admittedly a decent run of 7 in 8 followed but, and this is the crux of the matter, it was good if not fantastic (actually just 4 goals in 6 league games.

His performances were as notable as the goals. He looked very, very good.

Then he got dropped for Theo for the Cup Final and presumably, based on Wenger's comments, this hit his confidence

He did look good but as your summation to your previous post suggests

he is just a leetle bit short of top top quality. Tis a shame but there was a reason he was relatively unknown when he arrived here

I am not sure our style of play suits him.

He's not the man for the job imo. But I don't know Wenger's opinion on this either.

I think he'd get a lot more goals playing in a different formation perhaps alongside another attacker.

I like him but I'd much prefer somebody else. He's scored some lovely finishes but he's not going to get us 20 goals a season.

He got 19 last season - despite being out for 3 months - and 22 the year before