Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am aware that the whole transgender thing is a particular bugbear of mine and a subject on which I

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am aware that the whole transgender thing is a particular bugbear of mine and a subject on which I

risk becoming a bore (or at least more of one than I am on other subjects), but it really, genuinely bothers me just how quickly an orthodoxy seems to have crept in that simply does not allow discussion of the fundamentals of this issue.

How did we get to a stage where, if a public figure refers to a transgender person by their biologically accurate personal pronoun or by their given forename, there is an outcry and apologies/sackings are demanded? How can it be that a publically-expressed degree of healthy scepticism over what is scientifically an extremely dubious matter (to say the least) is considered tantamount to a hate crime? How can we be in a situation where it is considered unreasonable that a volleyball player who is biologically a man is prevented by the sport's authorities from competing as a woman?

In short: what the f**k is wrong with everyone?

If Caitlyn Jenner has to do time will it be in a female or male prison?

Re: If Caitlyn Jenner has to do time will it be in a female or male prison?

Shrug It's, you know, political correctness gone mad Shrug

First they came for BFR, but you said nothing...

No. It's more than that. Calling people nasty words is wrong and rude. On the other hand, pointing

out that someone with a functioning ***** and testicles and absolutely no female sexual characteristics whatsoever is not a woman is just a statement of fact. We are not dealing in opinions or prejudices here, we are dealing in demonstrable, dangly, meat-and-two-veg FACTS.

We are being made to conform to an out-and-out lie for fear of being thought intolerant. Even radical feminists are being cast into outer darkness or silenced on the grounds that they not unreasonably object to the idea that someone can pop on a wig, a frock and a bit of slap and call themselves a woman despite never having lived one minute as a woman in their lives.

It is genuinely - not just rhetorically - insane.

They are different issues, certainly; but if you take a line from the PC

comedians / university movement of the 80s, through the likes of the BFR incident and the climate change industry to the current trans issues, you will note that the outstanding feature is the insistence on adherence to the sacred texts with NO DISSENT ALLOWED COMRADE!

The endgame is clearly the inhibition of freedom of speech as a method of inibiting freedom of thought; destroy imagination and you destroy ambition and aspiration - and then you have the grey, unthinking turnip-growing, tractor-producing drones required for Jeremy and his ilk to be truly free to enjoy their dachas in peace.

Do you afford the intersexes any greater freedom to self-define?

Your mum's intersex

sorry, had to

She was asking for it?

I was with friends in Altrincham on the weekend. They were slagging Bradford off something rotten.

I almost felt compelled to defend it, purely on your behalf.