Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, this 'British' (?) bloke who initially claims to have hidden under a table and then got up at

So, this 'British' (?) bloke who initially claims to have hidden under a table and then got up at

the end to offer his tie to bind up Tommy Terrorist has now remembered that, actually, he piled right in there with the septics after all.

Mind you, you've got to admire the speed with which the frogs can dole out medals; Arras had them decorated literally within minutes, and the paperwork required to issue the UK equivalent of a Legion d'Honneur under such circumstances would undoubtedly take decades.

Lovely town, Arras. Been there many times. Fascinating tunnels under there, as well.

The Frogs love a gong, though, don't they? Everyone who's ever cleared the roads of snow in a commune has some ribbon or other. It's a pretty devalued currency.

It may well have been an AWIMBER Rub chin ...bit who?

not the terrorist but the British bloke that ''piled in''...

Did you slog up to Arras with rifle and pack?

I sometimes overnight there on my way down south. Handly for Vimy Ridge.

I had a particularly fine omelette in the square once. The rather snooty waiter developed a gleam in his eye when I ordered my omelette au jambon et fromage baveuse, and undoubtedly reported to chef that a sale anglais out front needed the **** scared out of him, for what was presented was less an omelette than vaguely warmed eggs.

Perfect.

Is it really necessary to describe a French waiter as fairly snooty?

Surely part of the job description

What's all this about then?

I know many charming French waiters, la.

Victor, maitre d' at l'Artemise on the Chemin des Boeufs in Uzes, is a 6' 3" rugby-playing mountain of gorgeousness whose wife, Peggy, harbours a long-standing ambition to drill him in the arse with un gode-ceinture. Victor, sadly, has a weakness for the local vin ordinaire and often passes out at the end of a long evening of revelling. A-feared that she will one day take advantage of his temporary incapacity, Victor carries the haunted air of a man who really ought to choose between the bottle and an intact ringpiece.

Current affairs, sw. Of no interest to you.

A mouthy, mendacious saffer claiming to be a Brit?

Hmm...