Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's an insight into the weird masochism that is hammered into a man by watching England play

Here's an insight into the weird masochism that is hammered into a man by watching England play

cricket for 30-plus years: I am actually rather disappointed by how easily England are getting these runs.

Tell me that you would REALLY like to be watching Stuart Broad and Steve Finn knock off the

remaining 30 runs.

Come on - tell me.

Yeah, Athers is still the only true England captain, imo Oh well

hehe

It's all right b - we will royally f**k it up at Trent Bridge

This is not about 'enjoying' anything. It's about the sense of completion and satisfaction at the

end. This feels empty and I will feel no great joy, relief or catharsis at the end when we win. On the other hand, a desperate scramble over the line would be excruciating, but would leave one feeling drained, exhausted and sated in a way that this bloodless win does not.

Shrug I rather like a comfortable win. Well played England

If you'd asked me this morning what I wanted, I'd have said 'Australia rolled over quickly and the

runs knocked off in a couple of overs'.

However, with Australia having appeared to have made a game of it, I feel somewhat let down. It's weird, I know.

Worth it for the abuse that Mitchell Johnson was getting, top childish baiting

from the fans

I don't normally approve of too much of that sort of thing, but Mitchell is such a massive prick

that I can't help but laugh.