Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have a feeling we are going to make some tremendous signings before deadline day.

My arms are hairier than that Frown

I did see that.I expect Frankie Boyle will be all over this

I noted the public outcry hehe

A sign of coarse breeding.

Animal.

I imagine you said similar about signing Cech.

Although i agree we won't be signing a big name striker, but not for the same reasons.

That's basically racism.

Cech fell in our lap, as such.

Our London based base was key in the deal. To be fair Wenger would have been a complete idiot to turn down such an upgrade at 10m especially when you consider how he appeared to lose trust and confidence in one of his two options last season. Scezney openly states on the day Cech arrives that he wants to stay and learn, so we get rid of him. There is more to his position at Arsenal than meets the eye.

Brilliant signing. As good as an Ozil or a Sanchez, not as shiny though. Keepers aren’t.

Llorente for example could come at 10m but his arrival would be to compete with Giroud, another option, probably not even number 1. They will compete for the place each week and whoever gets in and scores is in pole position to use another sporting analogy. N

The marquee, Benzema for example, would not be coming to compete. He would be coming to start every game, you expect that at a massive fee. I just do not feel as I explained the other day that Giroud would be happy being on the bench more often than not and as such would leave. Maybe not this window but soon enough.

Negredo is being shopped around also. Wouldn't mind him or Llorente tbh.

Yes, either as it simply gives more options.

I liked Negredo at City. I recall one ball he played with the outside of his left to set up another (Aguero probably) which was sublime.

Llorente was hot property when he left Spain. Not sure he set the world alight there but many don’t.

There is always Balotelli.